Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baseball and Bedroom Furniture

Above right field at Safeco Field is a plaque with "Robinson 42" on it, which is of course because the number 42 was retired by all of major league baseball. In fact, it's the only number retired by all of MLB. I discovered today that the Mariners have not retired a single other number, however. Just wait till next year when they can retire Edgar's!
I kept score at the game today, which was excellent fun first because it was a sweet game with none of the good regulars but Lopez and Guti playing and yet we still played awesomely, and second because keeping score is super engaging. Also, they had a bunch of members of the 1969 Seattle Pirates at the game, which was adorable. All these little old men waving and wearing Pirates caps. Also, they had a '69 pirates pitcher and catcher throw out the first pitch. The catcher even wore his cap backwards.

Today I went to Value Village for soccer shorts (which I did find), but I also bought a stool. I walked in, saw the furniture section, remembered I've been needing a stool, saw one, sat on it, liked it, checked the price, brought it to the counter, paid five dollars, and brought it home. I felt pretty awesome (and all that in one run-on sentence!)

No comments: