Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall Nostalgia

The air is getting cold and crisp here and it reminds me of November days in high school. The kind of days where Dad would drive Syl and me home from dance and we'd have our feet stuck in the heaters in the car because it was cold and dark already as we came home from CDC classes with Anna where we did folk dances. and I'd tell Dad about my day as we drove home and the house would be waiting for us with the light shining through the curtains and warm as soon as we opened the door. Baked and stuffed squash was just coming out of the oven ready for me to sit down and gobble. And after I'd have essays to write for Sr. O'Dea and problem sets for Pesce and a quiz to study for. And I'd check Mugglenet for the evening news and leaves blew around on the streets. And you could hear jazz music from the restaurants in ballard.

I'm also wondering what it would be like to go to many different types of colleges. I'm starting to feel that I like this one, but I really would like to experience other kinds. Carleton and UW and Linfield and Willamette and Evergreen and PLU and Scripps. I just wonder what it would be like. And what kind of people I would know there.

No comments: