Sunday, November 1, 2009

meaningless thoughts- i have a lot of homework!

Time goes by; I feel happy and then sad, I have anger and calm and love and sleepovers that get me sick (but so worth it).
I didn't dress up for Halloween for the first time since I can remember, but went to bed early, thinking of all the phone calls I want to make.
I miss my ring, but I have a cool new tradition!
Every day is assigned to Greg, Britta or I and we have to text the other two on our days and tell them something we like about ourself.

****************
it is the voice that connects the then and the now
the two pieces i can't seem to fit together
but now, stuck with a piece i don't understand, i hear the voice that connects the two.
it has been easy for me to forget
the boyish gruffness
how playful
(i won't be swept away again but it would be easy)
for the voice resonates- the same note as
something deep within me
that rarely awakens

No comments: