Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I had a realization today. I'm living a linear life, not by choice, and I don't like it one bit.
In modern western culture we think of our lives as a line, defined by certain points and markers, each of which is understood to be "normal," and each of which passes once and is gone. We do four years of high school, then go to college, graduate, pass through some career track, marry, etc, etc.
It's really hard for me to think like that. I can't imagine myself doing those things, especially not in that order.
I dunno, I have a strong feeling right now that I just don't belong here. I don't feel like I'd belong better anywhere else at the moment, though.

I think I'm going to finally start writing some poetry again. And choreographing!

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Life doesn't follow a line; it balloons. Your life at a given moment is an accumulation of a thousand things, not merely one spot on a progression of time.