Monday, September 14, 2009

I love all my classes, I love the dance department, and I'm excited for gospel choir. I declared a Dance major today, which is kind of a big deal. I can't really see myself majoring in anything, though. The idea that in a few years I'll graduate, having fulfilled requirements and decided on something I want to study is bizarre. That's something grownups do, and I'm not one yet.
I miss this summer. My anxiety was gone, my sadness was gone, my confidence finally came together. It's not that I think my life sucks or anything now; quite the contrary, I'm just feeling a little sad and a little scared. I don't want people to feel sorry for me; being unhappy is good for a person for a while.
And I'm not totally unhappy. I have the best friends in the world, they're just a ways away from me most of the time. I'm going to have to start getting used to that.

No comments: