Friday, July 24, 2009

So. As many of you know, I just got back from a trip to Scotland and France. It was lovely and spiritually healing, in a way.
highlights:
-a magnificent bloody nose in the Amsterdam airport
-the beautiful, centering Isle of Iona
-learning that I am descended from Rob Roy and Robert Burns both
-seeing my French sisters Mariam, Jeanne, Agathe et Bertille
-skinny dipping in the French countryside
-life slows down
-sitting on an anthill, spraining my ankle, and getting my foot swollen all in three days
-french food
-les bisous
-les guides (french girl scouts)
-little roads
-le tour de france
-Andy Schleck!!
-The Storm (good story)

I think I realized while I was gone that last year was a lot harder than I had realized before. Being away at school and all the shit that went down; all that was really hard for me, I just didn't let it all sink in and affect me, so I shut down a little. I really wasn't present at school, and I also really wasn't ready for college, at all and in many ways. Here's to making next year better!

2 comments:

Elly said...

Ooh! Ooh! What about Andy Schleck?

Lou said...

Okay, so in France watching the tour the announcers have sort of adopted Andy as the closest thing they have to a French champion, so the first day I watched, about every other phrase ended with one of them shouting ANDY SCHLECK!
Eventually it became a sort of joke between me and my Dad, but the more I found out, the more I have decided he's one of my favorite riders this year.
Oh my, I love cycling :)