Sunday, July 5, 2009

a Thin Place

Right now I am at what they call a Thin Place. A place where they say the space between God and humans becomes very small. And I will say, it is easy to see the mystical in this place. It's a tiny island called Iona off the western coast of Scotland, and WHOAH it's beautiful. Just like out of a picture, with emerald green hills and rocks and the blue sea. And beaches and ruins and wild sheep and an abbey. Really, it couldn't get more beautiful.
I also feel very centered here. I was listening to Bob Marley and suddenly remembered how to integrate myself again. It was lovely. I have so many great plans for August now.

2 comments:

Elly said...

I wish I was there. Sounds lovely.

Lou said...

It is VERY lovely. And calm. And quite introverted. And it smells like the sea. I wish I could stay three weeks instead of only a day and a half. But tomorrow it's off to Loch Lomond and then France! I wish you could come here, too, I think you'd like it.