Thursday, April 16, 2009

dancing as the stars go blue

times in my life i have ballroom/swing danced: 1
times in my life i have danced with a boy (before lessons today): 1

this is important. on both counts i have missed out on extreme enjoyment for the past 18 years. THIS MUST CHANGE. So on saturday we have the President's Ball, which is a masquerade ball where we dress up and ballroom dance. I wasn't excited, but I just went to an hour of ballroom dancing lessons, which was SO FUN. Dude. I'm used to dancing around with girls, and when we try waltzes, I usually lead. But this time I had to follow, and being the girl in the situation is HARD. But wow, that was fun. I felt like a middle schooler again, with the whole awkward "where do i put my hands where do i look this is awkward i kind of want to giggle whoops my palms are sweaty" thing. not that that ever happened to me in middle school (one slow dance, and it got interrupted by she who will not be named). but the idea is the same. but dude. foxtrot. waltz. cha-cha. fun.

plans for next year:
hopefully working in writing place
companydance
classes
intramural soccer
intramural softball
swing club
gospel choir
ballroom club

that's the list so far.
also, played another softball game today. i think this will become a pattern. suddenly summer could come slower, i think i might like it here sometimes. now if only i could find some people to love.

No comments: