Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quotes that I love today:

"Maybe it's more like you said before, all of us being cracked open. Like, each of us starts out as a watertight vessel. And these things happen— these people leave us, or don't love us, or don't get us, or we don't get them, and we lose and fail and hurt one another. And the vessel cracks open in places. And I mean, yeah, once the vessel cracks open, the end becomes inevitable. Once it starts to rain inside the Osprey, it will never be remodeled. But there is all this time between when the cracks start to open up and we finally fall apart. And it's only in that time that we can see one another, because we see out of ourselves through the cracks and into others through theirs. When did we see each other face-to-face? Not until you saw into my cracks and I saw into yours. Before that, we were just looking at ideas of each other, like looking at your window shade but never seeing inside. But once the vessel cracks, the light can get in. The light can get out." -John Green, Paper Towns

"Thomas Edison’s last words were: “It’s very beautiful over there.” I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it’s beautiful" -John Green, Looking For Alaska

If anyone hasn't read those two books, please go do that RIGHT NOW. I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't love them, and they are beautiful, just like you.

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." -John Muir

In other news, today I was homesick and began to worry. I've been thinking about how people say that you meet your best friends in college, but there are people in the world that I love with all my heart and none of them are here. And I just don't see that changing. So if I love you with all my heart, which I probably do, please don't replace me. I worry that you will stop needing me, or stop loving me the way I need you to. Please don't.
I also realized today that you know what? At least for the moment, I love fully. Screw being confused, screw worrying about how much others love me back. I think the world is so fucking beautiful; please let me in. This applies to everyone I know.

And now, back to being silly and bubbly and sirius. Um.... write me a letter, tell me a joke. I'm just a dreamer with stars in her eyes and dances dribbling out her fingers.

No comments: