Thursday, April 2, 2009

in which i make no sense

I'm a little happy and a little blissed out and a little optimistic. It's a nice feeling. I had a good interview this morning, the sun is up ("the sky is blue, it's beautiful, and so are you"... good song, and a true one), last night was lovely, and the world turning golden. Also, "you are my sweetest downfall" keeps going through my head. I know that's not the title, but it's my favorite part. Wow, Regina Spektor. Amazing. And I'm almost done with this application that I don't even want to do anyways. But the sun is coming through the window suddenly ("little darlin', it's been a long cold lonely winter") and finally the snow is melting ("i feel so much spring"). My life is music today, apparently. And I think I will call Caroline from dance maybe; or maybe not. Maybe I'll text her. I just want to tell her today's wish: I wish that everyone could see as beautiful a world out their window as I do today. I sound pathetic, but it's true. Our new decision (my roomies and I) is that we'd rather be cuddling than doing homework, but that will have to wait a while. At least, I assume I would. I dunno. ("I'd rather be sailing yes I would" -- that's true too).

can a moment be more beautiful than a thousand visions?
and as fragile too?
or does a fleeting thought keep time plodding forward
until another moment stops it for a split second
of wonder?

No comments: