I've spent the past day being overwhelmed. By homework, but mostly by everything else. I didn't realize so many things were weighing down on my psyche until... I realized. And I have so much I'm trying to process right now, and I really can't handle it. Though I feel much better now. I'm trying to just breathe and think about other things, I can't figure it out all at once. But I think it would help me to write it out, so here's the first WHAT'S ON MY MIND post. I'll start easy.
My Summer Plans
So last month I decided to go to France during July. I'd spend the month with Agathe (exchange sister), with a week at her grandparents' house and two weeks of scout camp. I'd be co-leading a girl scout summer camp. Now when I decided this, I wasn't excited. But I figured I'd get excited. And I haven't. I just... don't really care that much. And finally yesterday I woke up and realized that I'm not sure I want to go. I decided to go because... I don't know. Other people were excited about it; it's an opportunity I should take.... I dunno. But I didn't decide to go because I WANTED to. Now, I very well might want to, but the rest of that is clouding my clarity on the situation. So I'm taking some time thinking about it and... getting nowhere. I just don't feel like going there would help me become the person I want to be. I have limited time in my life, what if there are things I'd rather do? What if I just want to go to the library every day, volunteer, take photos downtown, make a documentary, have picnics, take a dance class? But what if I do want to go and just don't know it? It would be nice to know what I want. I know both are good options, but it's just one more thing in my head that I could do without.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You have the rest of your life to do everything and anything you want to. Maybe France could give you an outlook on life that will make everything that much better. You'll figure it out honey. :)
There may be more than one right answer. Even if you don't pick your favorite, you're still right.
Post a Comment