This is my poor attempt at writing a paradelle, one of my favorite types of poetry, look it up.
I shut my eyes, failing to forget
Failing to forget, I shut my eyes
Tempted by hope, guessing led the way
Guessing led the way, tempted by hope
I, tempted to forget, shut the way,
my failing eyes led by guessing hope
Wondering if you fit, whether it's a blessing
Wondering if it's a blessing, whether you fit
Can longing become me for a while?
For a while, can longing become me?
Wondering whether you fit me for a while,
if its longing can become a blessing
Can I reach round open memory to the first?
Can, to the first, I reach round open memory?
And hope the last but never strikes
And hope but the last never strikes
The first strikes and i can hope to never reach,
but open the last memory
Wondering if you can forget my memory,
and whether the eyes and I can fit to me a blessing,
i become tempted and shut to hope never failing first
for a while, longing, guessing,
its the last reach
but hope led me by the open way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love paradelles. I'm quite impressed.
Thanks! My favorite poem of all time is a paradelle, have you heard of the poet Lyn Coffin?
Post a Comment