Tuesday, February 24, 2009

i have so many songs

I'm enjoying posting with photos. That may be a theme for a little while.
Life has been pretty good since yesterday because:
-Root Beer Floats in the caf
-gospel choir
-greyson :)
-harry potter discussions and theorizing... finally again
-hip-hop at dance
I have some fairly philosophical ideas recently that I will probably post about soon. Also, some poetry. I'm starting to feel the force again. It means I have writings in me I need to get out.
Also, do you think we fall in love with people who are similar to us? Or do we fall in love with people who are different from us? Or people who are the way we want to be? Siriusly, if you read this, respond. Tell me what you think.
2 things that smell good: Fish markets and farmers markets

4 comments:

Elly said...

I think we fall in love in different ways with the two types. We love people similar to us the way that we love a sister, but those different from us intrigue us, and win perhaps a more romantic love, though much less consistent. I dunno, though.

Mykaila said...

I can't really say for sure; love is something that is so enigmatic.

Right now, I am in the process of maybe falling in love with someone who can help me be the person I want to be, and someone I greatly admire... I don't think you can fall in love and have a successful relationship with someone who is exactly like you or someone who is completely different from you.
I think we fall in love with the people who challenge us, which manifests itself in different ways.

Hmm... now I am thinking...

Rachel said...

I think we fall in love with people who are similar to us but also people we admire. People who are like versions of us on steroids or something, idk. Or maybe that's just my experience.

Rachel said...

Oh ps! Convo with girl in my Latin class who likes Harry Potter.

Her: Ugh, that class was ridiculous.
Me: I know, I don't know why she thinks it's a good idea to go over each translation three times as slowly as she possibly can.
Her: The only way I kept myself awake is by trying to think of what all the Marauders' handwriting would look like.

So then we had a discussion about that and it was pretty awesome.

You have to be similar enough to understand each other, to know how the other one sees the world, but I think it's impossible to love someone exactly like you. You need someone who will make you think and give you a somewhat fresh perspective on life.