This is going to be the first in a cross-posted series of entries: I REMEMBER THIS. There are certain things, days, conversations, images, that I like to close my eyes and remember. They're the memories of the little things, the things other people might not always understand, but that I never want to lose. And I want to share some of them. Here's the first.
We were in 4th grade, I'd guess. Here's what I remember about a good day. My dad had an exhibit in the natural history museum in Tacoma. We were going down to see it, making a day of it, bringing along my best friend. Kelvin. We picked him up at his house. When he got in the car he said something funny. I don't remember what it was, but I know it was funny because I remember laughing about it. For a long time. Like, I think I laughed for about 10 minutes. Maybe all the way past the museum of flight. Then Kelvin got carsick. I remember that because we stopped at a gas station to get him some 7-up to settle his stomach (I was bummed that he got to drink soda and I didn't). Then he laid in the back with his head in my lap the rest of the way to Tacoma. I'm guessing he felt better once we got there, because I remember tearing around the museum, causing trouble, touching the maps that say "DO NOT TOUCH" in giant letters, playing tag in the computer area, hiding behind coat racks, and other things we probably would not have done if he had still been feeling sick. Then after the museum we went to Taco Del Mar. I'm sure we ate things, but all I really remember was making up stories about the fish on the cups and laughing at our own puns, which probably were far more creative than they were funny. This is what I remember.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment