What do I believe? Mykaila started me thinking on this, and I wanted to get my thoughts down in writing.
I believe money and war are not necessary. I know, most people tell me that's not realistic, but I believe it. Who cares if it's never been done before? Maybe we're the ones who will learn to do it. Just because no one else has figured it out doesn't mean I can't. (I am no one else, so if "no one else has figured it out," sounds like I'll figure it out. Okay, grammar joke over) Why do we always pick the best availible option? We say "of everything we've tried, this hurts the least" and then we go with it. But I believe the problem is in the beginning of that idea, the "of everything we've tried". What if the answer is something we haven't tried yet? Are we just going to sit here and talk about how it's never been done; are we just going to putter along being afraid to try it? I say hell no. We have to try something we've never done. Of course it might not work, but plenty of things have not worked, and I just don't think that's a big deal. So what if we make a mistake? Then we acknowlege it and do something else the next time. Keep trying till we figure it out. Anyways, I think it's possible to live in a society where there is no war, and people's needs are met.
I also hate money. I think it's stupid and stressful, and probably useful, but also not useful at all.
I believe that I can understand and believe things with regards to myself, without them needing to be true for everyone. I believe in God, on a personal level. Some sort of force or spirit or guide or something. But that doesn't mean I think people who don't are wrong. I feel like we're all right on our own level. I don't think my Pagan or Hindu friends are wrong, I don't think my athiest friends are wrong. Their beliefs don't fit within my own life, but that doesn't mean they're not right within theirs. And I feel the same way about sexuality. Just because I choose not to identify with a particular sexual orientation doesn't mean there's an issue with other people doing so. Maybe for most people the truest thing to themself is to identify as straight or gay or bisexual or intersexual or any variety of other words. But when I think of all these words, none of them sounds like me. And picking one doesn't feel true to myself. I'm not any one of those things, I'm simply me, and I love the people I love because of who they are, not what they are or what they call themselves. I love who I love, and I fall in love with the people i do when that happens. But it's not because I am against such labels. I can't put them on other people, but if it's useful to them and helps them be true to themselves, I have no problems with them identifying with one of them. I just can't assign any of them to myself because none of them is me.
I guess I don't feel like I'm the same every day either. In some ways I am the very same person, and am consistent to myself. But I also wake up in the mornings a little bit new, and I might identify something about myself one day and disagree with it the next. And I believe there's no problem with that.
What do you believe? What is true within you? How do you understand me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
There's a lot to say but one thing is that really the only big difference between Judaism and Christianity is Jesus. A lot of Jews think like you!
that's because i secretly feel kind of jewish. i've never felt more religious than when i've gone to temple. :)
Post a Comment