I'm trying to learn "I can't help falling in love with you" [Elvis] on the guitar. Such a beautiful heartbreaking song. Two more days of class, hopefully Grandpa will get out of the hospital soon and Mom will be able to get home (she's stuck at Grandma's with a broken rib). Wednesday Uncle Stephen comes here to visit me! And then finals, and home in one week and one day. And hopefully it won't take me too long to start feeling like myself again. Though I had some moments of it today. Those are always nice. I just don't know- is the education I'm getting really worth it? Just something to ponder over the summer. And hopefully reality will be fulfilling enough that I'll want to live in it more. Not that I don't live in reality, but sometimes I find myself clinging to hopes for the future or the past rather than hopes for the now.
I was just thinking today, it's really weird to think that Barack Obama is the President of the United States. I'm so used to thinking "President? .....Bush" that it just seems not quite normal. I mean, there's also the fact that for most of my politically aware life the president has always been someone I didn't agree with, so it's strange to be happy thinking of the potus.

1 comment:
"I can't help falling in love with you" was the 'lullaby' my dad sang to me when I was little.
Post a Comment