I'm making posters with all the quotes that remind me of what I believe in. It's exciting.
I think I'll write a song about the most wonderful sentence ever addressed to me: "i won't change my mind."
I am now listening to all of the Schoolhouse Rock history songs. What up, fourth grade?
I had a good conversation with my mom today about how frustrating it is that people have expectations and make judgements based upon them. People say "She's 18, she must be doing x, y, and z. She must have the social skills to do this, she must not be ready for this, blah blah blah." And so if I'm not at that place, if I have some skills most 18-year-olds don't, if I'm not ready to do some things that others are doing, somehow that means I somehow function wrong. Instead of it just meaning that I have various struggles. I'm glad I have a family who treats me as an individual.
In other news, it's really interesting how your body compensates, over-develops in one area to make up for something else, and reacts to protect you from certain dangers. If you're interested, bring it up with me. It could be an interesting conversation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment