Sunday, June 21, 2009

thoughts on a baseball game

Usually when one team says "that's a great way to win a game" it means the other team isn't too fond of the way it ended.
When you spot your friend from across the stadium, either she is distinctive, or you have VERY good eyes.

I really don't understand why people boo most of the time. I mean, if the pitcher balks, go ahead and boo. If your player makes an error that costs you three runs, go ahead and boo. But when the other team intentionally walks Sweeney? WHY are you booing? Or when the center fielder catches a routine pop-up. That's like saying "booooooo i wish you were playing bad baseball" and THAT, my friends, is not what I go to a game to see.
I like it when visiting teams have brightly colored jerseys.
When the Safeco Field roof closes, they should play the Star Wars Imperial March.
I like it when we win.

1 comment:

Elly said...

Imperial march ftw. You should send them a letter to that effect.