Sunday, March 15, 2009

beautiful day in this neighborhood

It is such a beautiful day today. The kind where it's still chilly, so I don't get overheated, but the sun is out and it is warm. And everything smells good. And you can sit outside and do homework or drink cold water or eat gummy worms and everything is hopeful. Because even if you're stressed or worried, every time you breathe in, you remember how great the air smells.
We had the Hoyme Formal last night. We got all dressed up; I love getting dressed up. I curled my hair and wore makeup and heels, which NEVER happens. And we dance for 2 and a half hours, which was crazy. Just us girls, and I'm sure we looked ridiculous, but it was fun.
And today I saw Milk, which I really really liked. I like political movies, and I like activism and marches and gay rights and my dance friends who saw it with me. Definitely good times. I also have two poems in my head, one about the dance, one about the movie I saw a few days ago. I'll post those when I get the chance.

No comments: