If I could have gospel choir every day, I don't know that I could ever feel sad. It's such catharsis, belting and clapping and cheering, and then switching to soft melodies that make my skin tingle with beauty. To sway back and forth with 40 other people, softly singing "like the dew in the morning, gently rest upon my heart," that is my favorite time of the week.
I'm ready to face the piles of homework I have to get done today. I've got people on my side, it's nice to know. My heart is full of care and my eyes are full of dancers. And it's hard to be afraid when for the first time in a while I don't have to hide. Though I'm craving a hug more than anything, but I can't get it here. Waiting's a rough game.
So two of my friends have been in the hospital over the weekend. Please no one else faint or get hurt, okay? Thanks.
Dear world, you look pretty dreary today. In a beautiful way. The rain looks like home. And don't try to intimidate me, I can face you, big world. Maybe you should even be scared of me today.
Love,
Lou
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Come over and we'll sing gospel and burn incense all night.
I hope your friends are okay.
You'll kick the world's unsuspecting butt.
Post a Comment